Rendering of new high school
- Is the 10th largest district in the state (student enrollment)
- Was the second fastest growing school district in the state (2010-2011)
- Graduation rate of 97.4% - #1 among the ten largest districts in Iowa (2008-09)
- ACT scores of 20 or higher was 78.6%
- More than 13,000 Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) credits earned by Ankeny students (2010-2011).
- Encompasses 11 school buildings in 51.9 sq. miles
- Has K-5, 6-7, 8-9, 10-12 grade level structure
- Ankeny Christian Academy
Ankeny Christian Academy (ACA) is a Preschool through 12th grade independent non-denominational Christian school accredited by the Iowa Department of Education. ACA provides a college-preparatory education integrated with a Christian view of God and the world. ACA has also been a member of the Association of Christian Schools International (ACSI) since 1993.
- Des Moines Area Community College
The Des Moines Area Community College (DMACC) is Iowa's largest community college with its main campus in Ankeny and five other full-service campuses in central Iowa. Over 2,400 faculty and staff assist over 28,000 students. DMACC offers over 3,000 classes in 125 career programs, certifications and technical programs as well as liberal arts transfer degrees.
- Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary
Faith Baptist Bible College and Theological Seminary (FBBC&TS) is a private undergraduate and graduate institution. FBBC&TS is accredited by the Higher Learning Commission of the North Central Association of Colleges and Schools and by the Association for Biblical Higher Education.
- Simpson College
Simpson College is a fully accredited four-year liberal arts college located in Indianola, Iowa with 87 full-time faculty members. Courses are offered on campus and on three satellite campuses, including Ankeny.
- Upper Iowa University
Upper Iowa University is a private not-for-profit university serving approximately 6,000 students with 35 degree programs. The main campus is located in Fayette, Iowa. The Ankeny center is one of four-off-center campuses that provide full-time and part-time students with opportunities for evening and weekend classes in accelerated eight week terms.
- Iowa State University
Iowa State University is a prestigious university located 20 miles north of Ankeny in Ames, Iowa. Its 26,000 students choose from 100+ majors, study with world class scholars and keep more than 500 student organizations going strong.
Last updated: 6/13/2011 2:13:49 PM