Where to Connect with the City of Ankeny
In accordance with the City of Ankeny's council-approved "One Voice" communications policy adopted in 2009, the Communications Department maintains the City of Ankeny's social media channels.
The following locations are where you can find official communication from the City of Ankeny.
- Facebook - City events, videos, and more. Facebook is a great place to have a conversation with the City of Ankeny and residents alike!
- Twitter - 140 characters of information related to City of Ankeny news an events. We also use Twitter as a customer service portal. Have a question? Let us know.
- Nextdoor -Ankeny is a community known for big city amenities while retaining the cozy feel of close knit neighborhoods. Nextdoor helps to facilitate these relationships by allowing neighbors to get to know each other better!
The City of Ankeny uses Nextdoor to publish neighborhood-specific information - construction projects, safety concerns or otherwise. But we never see the conversations you have within your private group. Give it a try!
- YouTube - It's been said a picture is worth a thousand words. Check out our videos that showcase the sights and sounds of living in Ankeny!
- Foursquare - All city-owned properties are listed through Foursquare including parks and service locations. Follow our page and receive tips when checking in to nearby locations!
Links to these pages can also be accessed from the footer on every page of the City's website.
If you have questions or concerns regarding the City of Ankeny's social media presence, please email email@example.com.
Among municipal governments, the City of Ankeny is considered to be a thought leader in the realm of social media and digital marketing.
The City of Ankeny's Communications Department has been recognized twice nationally for it's social media efforts - once by the City County Communications and Marketing Association in 2012 and again by Government Social Media in 2015.
Representatives from the City of Ankeny's Communications Department have been invited to speak on their social media strategy and success bythe Iowa Municipal Finance Officers Association, the Iowa chapter of the American Public Works Association, and The Iowa League of Cities.