The Ankeny Dog Park is a beautiful 7.5 acre park that allows dogs of all sizes to run freely in an entirely fenced in area. The Dog Park features a half acre pond, separate small and large dog areas, and open green space for dogs to run. A Dog Park Pass is required to visit this park. Day passes and annual passes are available at City Hall, Parks & Recreation and both Ankeny Hy-Vee locations.
Know Before You Go:
- Do you have a Dog Park Pass? Find how to purchase a pass here.
- Rules: Please review Dog Park Rules prior to your visit
- Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
- Pond: use at your own risk. The water is NOT treated and is natural (i.e. there IS bacteria, organisms, runoff from the surrounding land, ducks, geese and dogs using it as a toilet, etc...).
- Children under 10 are NOT allowed in the park. This is for the safety of your child and other dogs.
- Want to help? You can volunteer as a Dog Park Ambassador.
Dog Park Map: