State of Iowa Requirements
- Statewide Electrical license application and application instructions are available on the Iowa Department of Public Safety's website https://iowaelectrical.gov/ or by calling 1-866-923-1082
- Statewide Mechanical and Plumbing license application and application instructions are available on the Iowa Department of Public Safety's website www.dps.state.ia.us or by calling 1-866-280-1521.
- All contractors performing construction work must be registered with the Iowa Division of Labor. Information is available online at www.iowaworkforce.org/labor/contractor.htm.
Permit Applications & Guidelines
- Electrical permit application (PDF)
- Electrical Panel/Service update/upgrade/change-out (PDF)
- Mechanical permit application (PDF)
- Plumbing permit application (PDF)
Without the appropriate licensing as issued by the State of Iowa, electrical, mechanical and plumbing contractors will not be allowed to secure permits or work within the City of Ankeny.
Ankeny has adopted the 2015 International Building, Mechanical, Property Maintenance & Housing Code, Plumbing, Fire and Fuel Gas Codes and the 2014 NEC with amendments (2017 NEC anticipated to be mandated by State of Iowa in 2018)
Mechanical, Electrical and Plumbing permit applications can be emailed to: email@example.com
The City of Ankeny will maintain the current inspection program. Inspections require a minimum 24 hour notice by calling our inspection line at (515) 963-3533.