The City of Ankeny's treated water is supplied by Des Moines Water Works (DMWW) through a network of pumping stations, storage tanks, and a system of water mains ranging in size from 4 to 24 inches in diameter. The distribution system is maintained and operated by City staff who also perform customer service and water meter installations.
Please visit the Des Moines Water Works website for more information regarding the water treatment process.
The City of Ankeny is a member of the Central Iowa Regional Drinking Water Commission.
Please call (515) 963-3565, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m., Monday - Friday for assistance with or to report the following:
- Your meter is leaking or making excessive noise
- Possible water main break. Examples include excessive water running down the curb of a street, water bubbling up in the right-of-way between the curb and sidewalk, or water bubbling up through cracks in the street or sidewalk.
- Accidental dig-in on water main or water service line
- You observe a hydrant leaking, laying on its side, or other noticeable damage
- You notice someone tampering with a hydrant
If it is after normal business hours, a weekend, or holiday call Polk County Dispatch at (515) 286-3333.
Water Bill Questions
If you have questions regarding your water bill please contact Utility Billing.