January 9, 2019Ankeny Sets Record for Commercial Development in 2018
January 8, 2019Ankeny Parks & Facilities Comprehensive Plan Public Information Meeting
January 4, 2019Ankeny Police Respond to Shots Fired Call
January 4, 2019IT’S TIME FOR A NEW PET LICENSE AND DOG PARK PASS
- Activity Registration
- The Parks & Recreation Department offers a variety of recreational programs for Ankeny residents of all ages. View activity descriptions and register now. View More
- Animal Control
- Report stray dogs/cats, lost pets, local animal complaints, neglected or abused animals, wild animals to Ankeny Police via Polk County Dispatch. Call 515-286-3333. View More
AV Equipment Checkout
- AV Equipment Checkout
- The Kirkendall Public Library has AV equipment available for checkout: Digital projector, screen, slide projector, overhead projector, and portable PA system. Call 515-965-6460. View More
Can I have a fire pit on my property?
- Can I have a fire pit on my property?
- Yes. Recreational Fires are permitted provided International Fire Code regulations are followed. Fires must be contained in an incinerator, outdoor fireplace, barbeque grill or barbeque pit and a total area of 3 feet or less in diameter and 2 feet or less in height. View Recreational Fire Guidelines now. View More
Dead Animal Removal
- Dead Animal Removal
- The City will remove dead animals from City streets, alleys or sidewalks. Dead animals found on private property are the responsibility of the property owner to dispose of properly. Please complete a service request to report dead animals on City streets, alleys or sidewalks. View More
Does the City allow chickens?
- Does the City allow chickens?
- No, chickens and livestock are not allowed. Learn more about the City of Ankeny municipal code. View More
Does the City offer free mulch and compost to residents?
- Does the City offer free mulch and compost to residents?
- Yes, the mulch and compost are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week outside the fence of the City Maintenance Facility, located at 211 SE Lorenz Drive. Learn more via the City FAQ List: View More
- Field Rental
- Fields at the Prairie Ridge Sports Complex are available for tournament play. Call 515-963-3577 or email email@example.com. View More
- Fireworks may be used in Ankeny July 4 from 9 a.m. – 11 p.m. only. To report the illegal use of fireworks contact the Polk County Dispatch non-emergency phone 515-286-3333, this phone is answered 24 hours a day. View More
- Gym Rentals
- Ankeny Parks & Recreation - in cooperation with the Ankeny Community School District - takes reservations for public gym usage. Residents may enter a Gym Lottery to request rental space. View More
How do I report a broken street light?
- How do I report a broken street light?
- Street lights are owned, operated and maintained by MidAmerican Energy. Report broken street lights directly to MidAmerican Energy by clicking View More View More
- Interlibrary Loans
- You can use your Kirkendall Public Library card to request books from any other participating library in the United States. There is a fee per request for this service. View More
Meeting Room Reservations
- Meeting Room Reservations
- Reserve a meeting room at Kirkendall Public Library. View More
New Water Main Bacteria Testing
- New Water Main Bacteria Testing
- Learn more about New Water Main Pressure and Bacteria Testing View More
- Notary Services
- Kirkendall Public Library offers notary services by appointment, call 515-965-6460. Please bring a photo ID with signature. Complete all documents EXCEPT for signature and date. You MUST sign the document in front of the notary. If the document requires witness in addition to the notary, you must provide your own witnesses who are not related to you. View More
Park Shelter Reservation
- Park Shelter Reservation
- Reserve a park shelter, rent an Aquatic Center or a city facility like the Lakeside Center. Contact Parks & Rec. at 515-963-3570 or view online reservation options. View More
- Pothole Repair
- Complete a service request to report potholes within the City limits. Potholes on arterial streets are given the highest priority, but identified potholes are generally repaired within 24 hours after they are reported. The repair generally includes patching the potholes with an asphalt material. View More
- Recycling Events
- The City hosts several annual city-wide recycling events including Tree and Branch Recycling, Appliance and Electronic Recycling, Leaf Collection Days and Ankeny Cleanup Days. View the city calendar for dates and additional information. View More
Roadway Construction and Maintenance
- Roadway Construction and Maintenance
- View construction details, maps and project updates. View More
Senior Citizen Snow Removal
- Senior Citizen Snow Removal
- The Senior Citizen Snow Removal Program is a sidewalk snow removal service provided at no cost to senior citizens (age 65 and older) or disabled residents whose annual household income is less than 200% of federal poverty guidelines. View More
- Sidewalk Repair
- Please complete a service request to notify the City of a sidewalk in need of repair. View More
Smoke Detector Installation
- Smoke Detector Installation
- The Ankeny Fire Department will provide and install smoke detectors for families in need, free of charge. View More
Snow and Ice Control
- Snow and Ice Control
- Current and anticipated weather conditions dictate the start of snow and ice removal operations by the City. Learn more about snow removal processes now. View More
- Street Signage
- The City of Ankeny has more than 15,000 traffic and street signs. Residents may report damaged or downed signs by submitting a service request. View More
- Street Sweeping
- City of Ankeny Street Sweeping operations continuously clean arterial, collector and residential streets. You may request street sweeping in a particular area by submitting a service request. View More
Street Tree Planting
- Street Tree Planting
- The City of Ankeny must review and approve any street tree planting in the public right-of-way (generally the area between the street and the sidewalk) prior to planting. View More
- Traffic Signals
- Report issues and concerns via this Traffic Signal Reporting Form. View More
Weather Cancellation Hotline
- Weather Cancellation Hotline
- Curious if your Parks & Recreation program or event is cancelled or delayed due to inclement weather? Call the Weather Cancellation Hotline for up-to-date information 515-963-3575. View More
What hours is construction noise prohibited?
- What hours is construction noise prohibited?
- Construction noise is prohibited during the following hours: Weeknights: 9 p.m. - 7 a.m. Saturday and Sunday: 6 p.m. - 9 a.m. To report a violation, please contact the Ankeny Police Department non-emergency number at 515-286-3333. Reports can be filed anonymously. View More
Where can I place my garage sale, political or real estate sign?
- Where can I place my garage sale, political or real estate sign?
- Temporary signs cannot be placed in the public right-of-way (the grassy area between the street and sidewalk). Garage sale signs are limited to a maximum of three days in advance of each sale. Signs may be placed within 1/2 mile of the garage sale location, but not within 300 feet of a major arterial intersection. Political signs must be removed 10 days after the election for which they were applicable. View More
Who do I call before I dig?
- Who do I call before I dig?
- Iowa Law requires you to locate underground utilities before digging. Call 811 or visit www.iowaonecall.com Curious about flags, stakes or paint markings in your yard or neighborhood? You can do a ticket search at iowaonecall.com also. Search by address or use the map interface to select a location and view available information. View More