The Ankeny Dog Park is a beautiful 7.5-acre park that allows dogs of all sizes to run freely in an entirely fenced-in area. The Dog Park features a half-acre pond, separate small and large dog areas, and open green space for dogs to run. A Dog Park Pass is required to visit this park. Annual passes are available by registering online.
Know Before You Go
- Do you have a Dog Park Pass? Find how to purchase a pass
- Rules: Please review Dog Park Rules (PDF) prior to your visit
- Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
- Gates are locked: The gates at the Dog Park are locked. Once you purchase your yearly pass, you will receive a code to enter the park. Please do not share this code with others. If caught sharing, the City reserves the right to revoke your membership without a refund. If for any reason the code needs to be changed during the calendar year, this will be communicated to pass holders via email.
- Pond: use at your own risk. The water is NOT treated and is natural (i.e. there IS bacteria, organisms, runoff from the surrounding land, ducks, geese and dogs using it as a toilet, etc...).
- Children under 10 are not allowed in the park. This is for the safety of your child and other dogs.
- Want to help? You can volunteer as a Dog Park Ambassador. Email the Dog Park for more information.
Dog Park Map