WiFi hotspots are available for Ankeny or Unincorporated Polk County residents 18 years and older who live in the 50021 or 50023 zip codes. Your library account must be unexpired and have $4.99 or less in fines.
- Hotspots are checked out and returned at the circulation desk. Do not use the book drop to return a hotspot.
- Each time a hotspot is borrowed, the cardholder must present a photo ID and sign an agreement form. Ask staff if you would like a copy of the form.
- Hotspots check out for seven (7) days and may not be renewed.
- The hotspot uses the US Cellular network and cannot be used outside the U.S.
- Overdue hotspots are deactivated, rendering the device unusable, and accumulate a $10/day fine, up to $40. Any and all equipment replacement costs, as outlined in the Fines and Fees Policy, are billed separately from the overdue fine.
WiFi hotspots are made possible through generous grants from Karl Chevrolet and John Deere to the Friends of the Ankeny Library.