- Our City
- Services & Programs
- Summer Library Program
Summer Library Program
The Summer Library program has something for everyone. This program is for all ages!
- Kick-Off the 2023 Summer Library Program with a Barnyard Book Bash Wednesday, May 31 from 6-7:30 PM
- Register via Beanstack to earn your free book
- Summer program runs June 1 through July 31
How it works
- Complete 18 literacy-related activities to earn badges in Beanstack or track your progress on a paper log to turn in completion slips.
- Each badge or completion slip will enter your name into a drawing for a grand prize. Complete as many badges or completion slips as you like! The more literacy-activities you complete, the better your chances at winning a grand prize!
- All badges and completion slips must be earned and turned in by July 31.
- All registered participants are invited to celebrate at the Summer Finale Pool Party at Cascade Falls Aquatic Center, Tuesday, Aug. 1 from 7:15-9:15 PM.
Check out upcoming events on the online calendar
- How do I register for the Summer Library Program?
Register for the Summer Library Program by visiting Beanstack.
- Why should I participate?
Why not? Who doesn't love free books, free entertainment, and a chance to win great prizes? Reading and staying engaged helps prevent the summer slide and keeps everyone's brains sharp!
The rest of the community is doing it, so why not you?
- What ages can participate in the Summer Library Program?
All ages are welcome and encouraged to participate throughout the summer! We have something for everyone from babies through adults!
- How do I track my reading and activities?
Log your activities using Beanstack or on a paper log, which is available at the library.
- How do I earn prizes?
Log your activities using Beanstack or on a paper log, available at the library. When you've completed 18 activities, select the grand prize drawing you'd like to be entered into via Beanstack or bring your paper completion slip to the Ankeny Library.
- What are the grand prizes?
All prize packages are listed below, on the paper logs and on Beanstack. Prizes vary depending on age. Multiple winners will be drawn for some prizes.
- $25 Target Gift Card
- $25 District Gift Card
- Art Lover Set
- Lego Bundle
- Play Ice Cream Set
- Play Vet Clinic
- $25 Book Store Gift Card
- $25 District Gift Card
- 3D Printer Pen with Filament Refill
- Bookish Swag Bundle
- Jabra Elite 4 Wireless Earbuds
- Reading Pillow with Book Light & Wrist Pillow
- Book Lovers Bundle
- Candle Making Kit
- Drone with Camera
- Hot Sauce Kit
- Retro Gaming System
- Wood Burning Kit
- What events are happening?
See a complete list of events on the library calendar. Paper calendars are available at the library.
* Some events require registration due to space or supply limitations.
- Can I print my own log or event calendar?
Yes! Please use the following links to print your own log or calendar.
Log + Grand Prize Entry Ticket:
Logs available after May 31
- Are you having a summer finale event?
YES!! All registered participants are invited to celebrate at the Summer Finale Pool Party at Cascade Falls Aquatic Center
Tuesday, August 1 from 7:15-9:15 PM.