East 1st Street and I-35 Interchange Reconstruction-Phase 2Categories:
The Phase 2 work consists of four separate Iowa DOT projects being completed simultaneously.
The work includes the following:
1) Add auxiliary lanes to Northbound and Southbound I-35 between the East 1st St. and Oralabor Rd. interchanges;
2) Widen Southbound I-35 exit ramp at the Oralabor Rd. interchange;
3) Reconstruct Northbound lanes of I-35 from just south of East 1st St. to NE 36th St.;
4) Reconstruct East 1st St. from just west of Fourmile Creek bridge to just east of the Frisk Dr. intersection;
5) Widen approximately 660 ft. of East 1st St. east of Frisk Dr.;
6) Reconstruct Frisk Dr. from just south of East 1st St. to just south of NE 95th Ave.;
7) I-35 Reinforced Concrete Box Culvert Replacement - stage 2; and
8) Traffic Signing
Anticipated Start Date
Expected Completion Date
Construction is on-going at this time and will continue throughout the entire 2019 construction season.
Please visit the Iowa Department of Transportation’s website for more information regarding this project.