East 1st Street and I-35 Interchange Reconstruction-Phase 2Categories:
The Phase 2 work consists of four separate Iowa DOT projects being completed simultaneously.
The work includes the following:
1) Add auxiliary lanes to Northbound and Southbound I-35 between the East 1st St. and Oralabor Rd. interchanges;
2) Widen Southbound I-35 exit ramp at the Oralabor Rd. interchange;
3) Reconstruct Northbound lanes of I-35 from just south of East 1st St. to NE 36th St.;
4) Reconstruct East 1st St. from just west of Fourmile Creek bridge to just east of the Frisk Dr. intersection;
5) Widen approximately 660 ft. of East 1st St. east of Frisk Dr.;
6) Reconstruct Frisk Dr. from just south of East 1st St. to just south of NE 95th Ave.;
7) I-35 Reinforced Concrete Box Culvert Replacement - stage 2; and
8) Traffic Signing
Anticipated Start Date
Expected Completion Date
The Iowa Department of Transportation will close East First Street, east of the Interstate 35/East First Street interchange and at NE Frisk Drive beginning at 10 p.m. on Friday, Sept. 6, until 6 a.m. Monday, Sept. 9. View detour route map and find additional details via this Iowa DOT news release. -- updated 9/5/19
Please visit the Iowa DOT's Major Construction Projects map for more information about the overall project. -- updated 8/27/19
The Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT) is planning to close the East First Street entrance ramp to northbound I- 35 beginning Tuesday, Aug. 6, at 10 p.m., weather permitting. The closure is expected to be in place until early September, according to the Iowa Department of Transportation’s Grimes construction office. While the ramp is closed, motorists can follow a marked detour using U.S. 69/Ankeny Boulevard, 36th Street, and I-35. Please visit the Iowa DOT's website for more information about the ramp closure and overall project. -- updated 8/6/19
The Iowa Department of Transportation (DOT) is planning to close the Northbound I-35 exit ramp at the East 1st Street interchange for reconstruction, beginning on Sunday July 21. Please visit the Iowa DOT's website for more information about the ramp closure and overall project. -- updated 7/17/19
Construction is on-going at this time and will continue throughout the entire 2019 construction season.
Please visit the Iowa DOT's website for more information regarding this project.