Cascade Falls Aquatic CenterCategories:
- Aquatic Centers
Opening Day June 29, 2020
2020 Season Hours
Daily Open Swim Sessions (weather and staff permitting)
Ankeny residents only
Reservations required www.ankenyiowa.gov/register
No walkups, no exceptions
Noon – 3 p.m.
3:30 – 6:30 p.m.
Registration opens Friday, June 26 at www.ankenyiowa.gov/register for Ankeny residents.
What to Expect for Open Swim
- Admission is $4 for anyone entering the facility, per session and must be paid in advance through an online reservation at www.ankenyiowa.gov/register. No walkup registrations or payments will be accepted, no exceptions. When a reservation is confirmed, a QR code will be sent via text or email. The patron must bring the QR code to be scanned by staff at the admission desk to enter the pool. Full details are available when registering.
- Reservations for two, 3-hour sessions for open swim will be available each day for up to 525 people per session. Open swim sessions are noon – 3 p.m. and 3:30 – 6:30 p.m. Reservations can be made one week in advance starting every Friday at 8 a.m.
- Ankeny residents must make a reservation for open swim at www.ankenyiowa.gov/register. Parks & Recreation staff will conduct routine internal audits to confirm residency.
- Any nonresident families open enrolled in Ankeny public and private schools will need to call the Parks & Recreation Department at 963-3570 to make a reservation. School enrollment must be verified and payment is required in advance.
- Ankeny daycares may make a reservation for up to 50 children plus staff by calling the Parks & Recreation Department at 963-3570. Payment will be required in advance and reservations may be limited each week. Daycares will be required to provide proof of residency.
- No season passes or punch cards will be sold. Only daily admission is available.
- All patrons must practice safe social distancing protocols by keeping 6 feet away from those not in their immediate household. Social distancing guides for the waterslides, diving boards and other areas will be marked.
- Per the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) guidelines, all patrons are strongly encouraged to bring and wear a face covering upon entering the facility and when not in the water (children two years and under are exempt).
- Limited concessions will be available. Food and beverages will not be allowed to be carried in with the exception of water bottles. Patrons are encouraged to bring water in plastic containers only, absolutely no glass.
- There will be no lounge chairs, tubes, tube slides, swirl bowl slide and no basketball in the Lap Pool. Patrons may bring their own bag chairs.
- The lazy river will be utilized for water walking during open swim. Tubes will not be available and patrons are not allowed to bring their own.
- Restrooms will have limited capacities and lockers will not be available. Patrons should arrive ready to swim, with as few belongings as possible.
- Children 8 years of age or younger must be accompanied by an adult or a guardian age 16+. All other regular aquatic safety rules still apply.
- Be sure to check the Weather Cancellation Hotline at 515-963-3575 for updates on delays or closures.
- The aquatic center will be cleaned in between each session.
- If the aquatic center is closed by Ankeny Parks & Recreation, refunds will be given in the form of a credit to an individual’s account to be used towards any future program, special event or aquatic center admission. No credits will be given after 90 minutes have passed in a session.
Water Walking & Lap Swim
- Offered Monday – Saturday, 10-11:45 a.m., cost is $3 per person and reservations must be made online at www.ankenyiowa.gov/register. No walkup payments or reservations will be accepted, no exceptions.
- Water walking is only available to Ankeny residents, age 13 and older.
Other programs and rentals
- Limited aquatic programming will be available including springboard diving, FlowRider workshops, etc. Register online at www.ankenyiowa.gov/register.
- Birthday parties and after hours rentals are canceled for the 2020 season.
- Prairie Ridge Aquatic Center will remain closed for the 2020 season.
To help everyone stay safe while enjoying the aquatic center, visitors should wash their hands or use hand sanitizer frequently, social distance when possible, wear a face covering and stay home if they are sick. Anyone visiting the facility does so at their own risk. The City of Ankeny thanks its residents for their patience during this ever changing environment. The guidelines for the aquatic center are subject to change. For additional information, visit www.ankenyiowa.gov.
MORNING LAP SWIM/WATER WALKING
Opening Day June 29, 2020
Reservations required, no walkups, no exceptions
10 to 11:45 a.m.
|Senior Citizen Admission (60+)||$4|
|Children Ages 2 & under||$4|
|Flow Rider||Included w/admission
|*Lap Swim/Water Walking
*Lap swim and water walking are available for guests 13 and older.
- Heated water
- FlowRider surf machine - must be 42" or taller
- Zero depth entry pool
- Kiddie slide - no height requirement
- Floor geysers and water cannons
- Lazy river for water walking only
- Lap pool
- Diving well and drop slide - must be 48" or taller
- 1 meter spring board and 3 meter platform diving - No height requirement
- Swirl Bowl slide - must be 48" or taller
- Lap swimming
- Water Walking
- Limited concessions in 2020
- Area for sunbathing
- In-pool shade
Cascade Falls Aquatic Center is NOT available to rent for parties during the 2020 season.