Take the Parks Passport Challenge
The City of Ankeny is pleased to offer the Parks Passport Challenge this summer, a fun new activity for Ankeny children ages 15 and under. The Parks Passport Challenge is a great way to get outside, explore Ankeny’s parks and playgrounds, and win a prize!
How it works:
- Get a Parks Passport – download at www.ankenyiowa.gov/passport or pick up a passport at the Parks & Recreation Office, City Hall or Kirkendall Public Library.
- Visit all 28 park playgrounds listed on the Parks Passport.
- Find the Parker the Plane hidden on the playground at each park.
- Write down the special code found on Parker’s banner on your passport for each park.
- When complete, post a picture of you at one of the parks and tag @CityofAnkeny on Facebook or Twitter.
- Bring your completed passport to the Parks & Recreation Office, 220 W. First St., to claim your prize! *Prizes available to the first 250 Ankeny children, age 15 and younger, to complete the challenge.
The Parks & Recreation Office is open Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For more information, visit www.ankenyiowa.gov/passport or call 515-963-3573.