City of Ankeny extends closures and cancellations
The City of Ankeny announced today it is extending closures and announcing new cancellations due to the coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic.
The following closures and changes are effective until further notice unless noted otherwise.
Public Buildings and Facilities
- The Ankeny Kirkendall Public Library remains closed but is now offering curbside service. Visit www.ankenyiowa.gov/library to learn more about the curbside service. Library staff are working towards reopening the building, with restrictions, in June.
- All city office buildings remain closed to the public, this includes: City Hall, Public Services, Police Headquarters and all Fire Stations. All residents, contractors and others are encouraged to do business via phone, email or the website. The entrance of City Hall serves as a drop zone for business that cannot be completed online or via phone. The lobby is not staffed.
- All public facilities are closed, this includes: Prairie Ridge Sports Complex, Ankeny Market & Pavilion, Lakeside Center, Outdoor Education Center, Pinnacle Club, Skate Park and all shelter houses. All events and programming scheduled at these facilities are canceled through May 27.
- Aquatic centers and splash pads remain closed through May 27 per the Governor’s proclamation.
- Otter Creek Golf Course is open with restrictions. The Tin Cup Bar & Grill and Pro Shop remain closed.
- All recreation programming scheduled to start prior to June 15 has been canceled. The Parks & Recreation Department will be in touch with anyone who has registered for programming and fees will be refunded.
- Tree and Branch Recycling will be held June 27.
- Yoga in the Park has been rescheduled to start June 20.
- Beats and Eats has been canceled.
- Movies Under the Stars is postponed until further notice.
Parks and Trails
- Playground equipment and shelter houses are closed.
- The Skate Park is closed.
- All park restrooms are closed and water fountains are turned off.
- Parks and trails are open with restrictions. Social distancing is required. Avoid groups of people/crowded areas. If space cannot be enjoyed safely, go home or discover a new park.
- Tennis, pickleball and basketball courts are open. Softball fields at Hawkeye Park are open. However, team sports, pickup games and contact play are prohibited on these courts and fields.
- The Dog Park is open.
While visiting any public space, use your best judgment and act responsibly; bring your own sanitation supplies with you and adhere to recommended guidelines of social distancing. If you do not feel well or have been sick, stay home.
The City of Ankeny appreciates the public’s understanding to this rapidly changing environment. Visit www.ankenyiowa.gov/COVID19 for additional information regarding changes to City business during the COVID-19 pandemic.