Be Prepared for Winter Weather in Ankeny
Post Date:12/29/2017 3:02 p.m.
- Do not park on streets marked with Emergency Snow Route signs anytime it snows. Vehicles must remain off of these streets for 24 hours after snow has stopped falling.
- When an All-City Emergency Snow Removal Operation is declared, parking is prohibited on ALL streets for 48 hours. Vehicles may be towed if they are not moved.
- If there is snow in the forecast, don’t park on the street. Move vehicles off the street before leaving the house for more than a day during the winter.
- Do not allow children to play in snow drifts or snow piles along the street. This is very dangerous, especially when streets are being cleared by snow plows.
- As a property owner, it is your responsibility to clear snow from all sidewalks on or adjacent to your property within 24 hours after snow has stopped falling. Fines may be issued if violations occur.
- Keep fire hydrants clear of snow and debris. Be mindful when shoveling or snow blowing to not cover any fire hydrant with snow.
Be in the know when it snows!
- Sign up for Alert Me Ankeny (text message alerts) – text ANKENY to 72466 or sign up online.*
- Call the Winter Weather Hotline at (515) 963-3540
- Sign up for email notifications
- Check the homepage of this website
- Follow the City of Ankeny on Facebook and Twitter
- Sign up for NextDoor
- Tune into your local news channels for updates