July 13 - Flood Debris Curbside Pickup Update
July 13, 2018 Update: As of this morning, the Flood Debris Curbside Pickup continues, Ankeny Sanitation has completed approximately 50 percent of nearly 2,000 scheduled pickups. Thank you for your continued patience as crews work hard to get this done as soon as possible. Given the amount of debris left to pick up, we expect this process to continue into next week.
- Please be patient, if you requested pickup through Ankeny Sanitation and had your items out on the curb by Monday, July 9, crews will be by.
- Reminder: Appliances are not among the items accepted for curbside pickup, this includes microwaves, mini refrigerators and dehumidifiers. Residents may arrange for curbside appliance removal with Ankeny Sanitation for a fee (Call 515-964-5229 to request). The resident will be responsible for the removal fee.
- Crews are picking up debris by neighborhood, a boom truck will make a pass through the neighborhood to pick up large items, a second truck will make a pass for smaller items and remaining debris. *These trucks do not run in tandem, it could be hours before the second truck arrives or possibly the next day.
- There are many variables that make the timing of pickup hard to determine, including the type and amount of debris at each home and trucks needing to go to the landfill to unload.
July 10, 2018
Ankeny had nearly 2,000 requests for curbside pickup and crews started picking up debris at 7 a.m., Monday, July 9.
- Crews are picking up debris by neighborhood (not in order of the request).
- A boom truck will make a pass through the neighborhood to pick up large items.
- A second truck will make a pass to pick up the small items. The trucks do not run in tandem, it could be hours (possibly days) before the second truck arrives.
- We do not know how long this process will take, nor do we know what neighborhood the trucks will be in at any given time.
- There are many variables that come with debris collection that make this hard to determine: amount of debris at each house, type of debris – bulky furniture, carpet, etc., the truck may need to go to the landfill.
Crews are working hard to get this done as quickly as possible. Thank you for your patience and understanding.