- Departments:Planning and Building
- Title:Permit Clerk
- Phone:(515) 963-3533
- Fax:(515) 963-3535
Return to full list >>
As a Permits Clerk, my job duties include:
- Receives and performs data entry for a large variety of permit applications and reviews for accuracy and completion.
- Schedules a wide variety of inspections for multiple building division staff.
- Figures square footage, calculates fees, and issues permits upon approval.
- Reviews case files for final completion and issues Certificates of Occupancy.
- Assists the general public in answering inquiries, listening to complaints, or referring to appropriate personnel inquiries pertaining to zoning, building and housing.
- Researches and follows up with State of Iowa and Workforce Development databases to ensure contractors are licensed and registered.
- Maintains the database for the rental housing program and sends notifications and works with landlords, tenants and third party inspection teams.
- Coordinate inspection activities.
- Schedules testing provided for homeowners.
- Creates and maintains address files.
- Issues records, collects fees, files and prepares a variety of reporting documents for permits, licenses, registrations rental housing and fire inspections.
- Processes permit payments.
- Calculates, prepares and distributes monthly report summarizing permits and licenses issued.