David Jones is Ankeny's City Manager. The City Manager ensures that the policy direction set by the City Council is implemented and that the City's delivery of public services is provided in an efficient and cost-effective manner. The City Manager is hired by and accountable to the City Council to oversee the day-to-day operations of the city.
- Carrying out council policies and goals
- The delivery of city services effectively and efficiently
- Preparing and monitoring the annual budget
- Directing day-to-day operations of the city
- Attending City Council meetings
- Recommending policies/programs to the City Council
- Hiring and firing personnel
- Keeping the City Council fully advised of the financial and other conditions of the city
- Supplying the City Council with information to aid decision making
- Serving as the city representative in various arenas
David Jones holds a B.S. in Communications from Kennesaw State University in Kennesaw, Georgia, and an MPA from the University of Tennessee in Chattanooga, Tennessee.
Assistant City Manager
Paul Moritz is responsible for management oversight of municipal utilities, planning & building, parks and recreation and public works. Paul also serves as the administrator to the Ankeny Regional Airport. Prior to his appointment as Assistant City Manager, Paul served as the City’s Public Works Director for eight years. Paul holds a B.S. in Civil Engineering from Iowa State University and an A.A.S. in Civil Engineering from Hawkeye Institute of Technology.
Director of Administrative Services
Jennifer Sease is responsible for the management oversight of the City Clerk, Human Resources, Finance, Library and Management Information Systems departments. Prior to serving as the Administrative Services Director, Jennifer served as the City’s Finance Director. She holds a B.S. in Accounting from Northwest Missouri State University.