for 8th-12th grades
How often do you hear: “So what do you want to be?”
Enjoy a relaxing evening learning about a variety of professions!
Kirkendall Public Library
1210 NW Prairie Ridge Drive, Ankeny
Sunday, Feb. 11 from 6-8 p.m.
*drawing for $200
Pre-register at the Kid's Desk or call 965-6460, option 4
Professions for this year's Roundtable include:
- Police Officer
- Heating and Air Conditioning
- Technology Professional
- Physical Therapist
- Industrial Engineer
- Security Consulting
There's lots of fun to be had at the
Kirkendall Public Library!
Check the calendar for special teen programming for grades 6-12 all month long! Join us for MineCraft, Harry Potter Writer's Club, Teen Hatch, book clubs, special events and more. The Kirkendall Public Library is a great place to meet new friends, learn while having fun and of course read! Ask us about reading programs, going on now!
Spend some time exploring the Library Maker Space, "Hatch". Registration at the Children's Desk is required as space is limited. Check the calendar for Teen Hatch times.
School Year Programs
- Teen Book Club is the second Thursday of the month at 4 PM. The format changes from reading the same book with a discussion to sharing recently read books. Snacks are provided.
- Harry Potter Writer's Club (4th grade & up) is scheduled the third Thursday of the month from 4-5 PM. The Club includes writing exercises, reading, trivia and more.
- Teen Minecraft activities are scheduled most months with days and times varying. Please see the calendar for details.
Pre-registration required. This can be done by stopping in to the library or calling (515) 965-6460, opt. 4.
- Teen "Hatch" is a time for teens to utilize and learn about the library's makerspace the "Hatch." The rooms at the library set aside for technology called the "Hatch" contain a 3-d printer, a sewing machine, a green screen and more.
Teens can pre-register a variety of times throughout the month to participate. This can be done by stopping in to the library or calling (515) 965-6460, opt. 4.
- Teen after hours programming occurs at the library throughout the year. These programs occur on Friday nights after the library has closed, most often beginning at 5:30 PM. Activities might include movie night, Minecraft night, Choco-fest, Pizza taste test and more. Please see the calendar for details.
Pre-registration required. This can be done by stopping in to the library or calling (515) 965-6460, opt. 4. See monthly youth calendar for dates and times.
Teen Advisory Group-TAG
Teens who are interested in being an active part of the library through volunteering, assisting in Juvenile and Young Adult book selection and planning Teen Programs, TAG will be the group for you! Come to the Kid's Desk a the Library to pick up an application! If you have any questions please call Sherry Schlundt at (515) 965-6456.