Chapter 177.08 of the Municipal Code, the Property Maintenance and Housing Code, outlines the requirements for the City of Ankeny rental housing registration and inspection program.
This important program is designed to ensure that rental housing meets certain minimum standards. It applies to all structures located within the City.
All rental units are required to be registered and inspected by a housing inspector approved by City Council, on a regular basis to ensure compliance with this Code.
Regular inspections of rental dwelling units are required:
- Every three (3) years for multiple-family units
- Every five (5) years for unattached single-family units
- Every five (5) years for duplexes
Rental Housing Forms
- Rental Housing Registration Form (PDF)
- Rental Housing Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- List of Approved Inspectors (PDF)
- Multi-family Residential Life-Safety System Requirements (PDF)
Changes in Ownership or Status
Changes in ownership or rental status are to be reported to:
220 W. First St.
Ankeny, IA 50023
Changes can also be reported by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org