Records Unit employees are responsible for processing paperwork and related information generated by the Ankeny Police Department. They handle arrest reports, accident reports, officers reports, statistical information, and both incoming administrative calls and walk-in lobby traffic during normal business hours. They also work with insurance companies and individuals that need verification of theft, vandalism, or accidents.
8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m., Monday - Friday
(Except holidays and emergencies - an emergency is constituted as a public safety event or incident interrupting staff's ability to comply with a request.)
Examination or release of confidential information is strictly prohibited. Specific information that may not be released includes but is not limited to:
- Peace Officer's investigative reports - commonly designated as "supplemental reports" within the Ankeny Police Department.
- A person's social security number.
- Intelligence data per chapter 692 of the Iowa Code.
- Registered victim information per chapter 915 of the Iowa Code.
- Identity of child victims per chapter 915 of the Iowa Code.
- Results of psychological examinations.
- Confidential informant communications.
- Mental and Health information.
Examination or release of this information includes but is not limited to:
- Incident reports
- The date, time, specific location, and immediate facts and circumstances surrounding a crime or incident except in those unusual circumstances where disclosure would plainly and seriously jeopardize an investigation or pose a clear and present danger to the safety of an individual.
|Personal Local Record Checks||$5.00|
|Color or Black / White Photos||$5.00 per page|
|Fingerprints||$15.00 for residents, $20 for non-residents|
- Call 515-289-5240
- Contact the Records Department
- For mail-in requests, please send a self addressed stamped envelope to:
Ankeny Police Department Records Unit,
411 SW Ordnance Road
Ankeny, IA 50023
Include your request and release of authorization, and payment for the services required.
Make checks payable to: City of Ankeny.