Note: Budget information included below is subject to change during the budget process and before final adoption by the City Council. Once adopted, the final budget document will be available online.
- Dec. 11, 2017 - City Council Capital Improvement Program Workshop - Projects and Financing
- Jan. 12, 2018 - Department Budget Presentations to City Council
Budget Presentation Packet Part 1; Budget Presentation Packet Part 2
- Jan. 15, 2018 - Approval of the 2018-2022 Capital Improvement Program
- Jan. 22, 2018 - City Council Budget Workshop - Operating Funds: General, Road Use Tax and Police & Fire Retirement
- Jan. 29, 2018 - City Council Budget Workshop - Hotel/Motel Tax Fund and Enterprise Funds: Solid Waste, Water, Sewer and Storm Water
- Feb. 22, 2018 - Budget Public Information Meeting
- March 5, 2018 - Budget Public Hearing
The City Manager is responsible for preparing and managing the City's annual budget and five-year Capital Improvement Program. The City's Budget Team is comprised of City Manager and Finance department staff with the input of other city staff. The Budget Team projects revenues, estimates expenditures and continually monitors city budgets to ensure that the annual plan is followed and that the budget estimates are accurate. The Budget Team also reviews alternatives and prepares recommendations on budget, management and policy issues for the City Manager, City Council and the various city departments.