There's lots of fun to be had at the Kirkendall Public Library!
Check the calendar for special teen programming for grades 6-12 all month long! Join us for MineCraft, Harry Potter Writer's Club, Teen Hatch, book clubs, special events and more. The Kirkendall Public Library is a great place to meet new friends, learn while having fun and of course read! Ask us about reading programs, going on now!
Spend some time exploring the Library Maker Space, "Hatch". Registration at the Children's Desk is required as space is limited. Check the calendar for Teen Hatch times.
School Year Programs
- Teen Book Club is the second Thursday of the month at 4 PM. The format changes from reading the same book with a discussion to sharing recently read books. Snacks are provided.
- Harry Potter Club (4th grade & up) is scheduled the third Thursday of the month from 4-5 PM. The Club includes writing exercises, reading, trivia and more.
- Teen Craft is a monthly activity-days may vary. Teens enjoy the chance to be creative!
- Teen "Hatch" is a time for teens to utilize and learn about the library's makerspace the "Hatch." The rooms at the library set aside for technology called the "Hatch" contain a 3-d printer, a sewing machine, a green screen and more.
Teens can pre-register a variety of times throughout the month to participate. This can be done by stopping in to the library or calling 515-965-6460, opt. 4.
- TGIF - Teens Get Involved Fridays: Teens, join us once a month after hours for a teen program which will involve pizza and more! Please check the calendar for specific programs.
*Pre-registration required. This can be done by stopping in to the library or calling 515-965-6460, opt. 4. See monthly youth calendar for dates and times.
Teen Advisory Group-TAG
Teens who are interested in being an active part of the library through volunteering, assisting in Juvenile and Young Adult book selection and planning Teen Programs, TAG will be the group for you! Come to the Kid's Desk a the Library to pick up an application! If you have any questions please call Sherry Schlundt at 515-965-6456.