Order Forms: 1-800-829-3676 (1-800-TAX-FORM)
Information: 1-800-829-1040 (1-800-TAX-1040)
Web Site: www.irs.gov (forms, instructions, publications – all available online)
90% of Iowans filed their income tax return electronically last year! E-Filing is fast, safe, and easy!
Hoover Building, 1305 E. Walnut in Des Moines, Fourth Floor
Order Forms: 515-281-7239 or 1-800-532-1531 (Iowa only)
Information: 281-3114 or 1-800-367-3388
Web Site: https://tax.iowa.gov
VITA (Volunteer Income Tax Assistance)
406 S.W. School St., Room #201
Mon. 5-7, Tues. 9-1, Weds. 5-7, Thurs. 9-1 Sat. 9-1
Opens January 22
Do I qualify?
- Individuals or families with a combined income under $66,000 in 2017 may qualify.
What you'll need
- Proof of identification
- Social Security Cards for you, your spouse and dependents and/or a Social Security Number verification letter issued by the Social Security Administration
- Birth dates for you, your spouse and dependents on the tax return
- Current year’s tax package if you received one
- Wage and earning statement(s) Form W-2, W-2G, 1099-R, from all employers
- Interest and dividend statements from banks (Forms 1099)
- A copy of last year’s Federal and State returns
- Bank Routing Numbers and
- Account Numbers for Direct Deposit. Blank check or deposit slip required.
- Total paid for day care provider and the day care provider’s tax identifying number (the provider’s Social Security Number or the provider’s business Employer Identification Number)
- To file taxes electronically on a married filing joint tax return, both spouses must be present to sign the required forms.