The Ankeny Dog Park is a beautiful 7.5 acre park that allows dogs of all sizes to run freely in an entirely fenced in area. The Dog Park features a half acre pond, separate small and large dog areas, and open green space for dogs to run. A Dog Park Pass is required to visit this park. Annual passes are available at City Hall and the Parks & Recreation Office.
Know Before You Go:
- Do you have a Dog Park Pass? Find how to purchase a pass here.
- Rules: Please review Dog Park Rules prior to your visit
- Hours: Sunrise to Sunset
- Gates are locked: The gates at the Dog Park are locked. Once you purchase your yearly pass, you will receive a code to enter the park.*
- Pond: use at your own risk. The water is NOT treated and is natural (i.e. there IS bacteria, organisms, runoff from the surrounding land, ducks, geese and dogs using it as a toilet, etc...).
- Children under 10 are NOT allowed in the park. This is for the safety of your child and other dogs.
- Want to help? You can volunteer as a Dog Park Ambassador.
Dog Park Map
*Please do not share this code with others. If caught sharing, we reserve the right to revoke your membership without a refund. If for any reason the code needs to be changed during the calendar year, this will be communicated to pass holders via email.