DOG PARK PASS/PERMIT TAG
- All dogs are required to have a Dog Park Pass to use the Dog Park
- The permit tag must be worn on the collar while at the Dog Park
- Dogs must also have a pet license to use the park
- Dog Park Ambassadors will check for permit tags and enforce rules at all times
- The gates at the Dog Park are locked. Once you purchase your yearly pass, you will receive a code to enter the park. Please do not share this code with others. If caught sharing, we reserve the right to revoke your membership without a refund. If for any reason the code needs to be changed during the calendar year, this will be communicated to pass holders via email.
- Annual Dog Park Passes: $25 each for residents, $35 for nonresidents
Passes are sold online. Annual Dog Park Passes are valid Jan. 1-Dec. 31.
Your dog's rabies vaccination must be current and you must provide the certificate in order to purchase a pass. For more information on how to license your pet, click here.
FOR EVERYONE'S SAFETY AND WELL-BEING
- Each dog must have a valid Dog Park Pass (permit tag) attached to their collar and visible at all times
- All dogs must have a current rabies vaccination certification
- Zero Tolerance for Dog Waste - Handlers must pick up and dispose of their dog's waste
- Gates must be kept closed at all times
- Children under 10 years of age may not enter fenced area. Children 10 and over must be supervised at all times
- Handler of a dog must be 18 years old
- Maximum of two dogs per handler
- This facility and parking lot are tobacco and alcohol free
- No wheeled vehicles are allowed in the dog park unless used for a disability
- No animals besides dogs are permitted in the dog park
FOR YOUR DOG'S SAFETY AND WELL-BEING
- Dogs must be licensed with the City or other city of residence
- Dogs must be over four months old
- Dogs must be kept on a leash while entering and exiting the facility, must be off leash inside the park
- Dogs should be within eyesight and under voice control at all times and never be left unattended
- Always carry a leash within the facility, one per dog
- Intact females may not attend the park during their heat cycle
- No food or drink permitted - small training treats are allowed
- A flat buckle collar is required. Pinch/prong/spike collars are not allowed
- No digging, owner is responsible for filling holes as needed
- Owners are responsible and liable for any damage caused by their dogs
- Large Dog Area - Dogs must be over 15" at shoulder
- Small Dog Area - Dogs must be under 15" at shoulder
- Sick and lame dogs will not be permitted to use the park
- Aggressive dogs will be asked to leave the park with owners
Expenses needed to operate the dog park are being off-set by pass sales. The park is a financially self-sufficient operation. However, there is a need to continue fundraising for capital projects.
Please make your check payable to: City of Ankeny/Dog Park. Donations will be deposited by the City of Ankeny. Donors will receive a confirmation letter verifying receipt of the tax-deductible contribution. Thank you for your support!
Ankeny Parks & Recreation Department
220 W First St.
Ankeny, IA 50023
Benches can be purchased for $850 as part of the City of Ankeny's Memorial & Tribute Program.