Now OPEN for the Season!
New Location! Sunrise Park, 506 SE Peterson Drive
All skaters are advised they are skating at their own risk. The rink is not supervised.
Community Rink Rules
- Ice skating, by its nature, is a hazardous activity, falls are common. Rink users are strongly encourage to wear helmets and other protective gear.
- Skate in control, accept responsibility for knowing the range of your ability while on skates.
- Be considerate of others, maintain a proper lookout to avoid other skaters.
- Beware of soft spots, rough edges, water puddles or other hazards on the ice.
- Please use caution entering and exiting the ice rink.
- Kicking holes, chipping or gouging the ice is prohibited.
- Skaters and spectators must not sit on, lean over or leave articles on the dasher boards.
- No food, drink or pets on the ice.
- Do not skate while under the influence of drugs, alcohol or other control impairing substances.
- The colored flag system will be used to inform the public of skating conditions. A green flag will indicate conditions are suitable for skating and red will signify that the rink is closed.
- DO NOT skate if the rink has been damaged or ice has melted. This will ruin the rink.
Please call 911 to report an emergency. For concerns that are not an emergency, contact Polk County Dispatch at 515-286-3333, option 5.
Please report any damage to the rink to Ankeny Parks at 515-965-3578.
The Community Ice Rink was donated in a partnership between the Iowa Wild and Wells Fargo. The rink is free for public use. The rink measures at 80 x 40 (a regular hockey rink measures 200 x 85). The rink will be open as long as weather permits and the ice remains frozen.