Chapter 177 of the Municipal Code, the Property Maintenance and Housing Code, outlines the requirements for the City of Ankeny rental housing registration and inspection program.
This important program is designed to ensure that rental housing meets certain minimum standards. It applies to all structures located within the City.
All rental units are required to be registered and inspected by City staff on a regular basis to ensure compliance with this Code.
Regular inspections of rental dwelling units are required:
- Every three (3) years for multiple-family units
- Every three (3) years for unattached single-family units
- Every three (3) years for duplexes
Rental Housing Forms
- Rental Housing Inspection Checklist (PDF)
- Multi-family Residential Life-Safety System Requirements (PDF)
- Rental Housing Registration Form (PDF) Effective July 1, 2018
- Affidavit for Bedroom in Basement (PDF)
Changes in Ownership or Status
Changes in ownership or rental status are to be reported to:
220 W. First St.
Ankeny, IA 50023
Changes can also be reported by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org