The City of Ankeny has hired a consultant team to update our zoning and subdivision regulations, as recommended in our newly adopted Comprehensive Plan, The Ankeny Plan 2040. Over the next year and a half, Confluence, Kendig Keast Collaborative, White and Smith, LLC, and Snyder & Associates will engage with the public and rewrite the regulations to:
- Implement the land use policies of the new Comprehensive Plan
- Improve the review and approval process for new development
- Incorporate site and building design standards to ensure continued quality design
- Preserve and enhance various types of community character throughout Ankeny
- Create a user-friendly, illustrative code
The project kicked off Oct. 29 & 30, 2018 with a series of focus group meetings with residents and other community stakeholders.