- Must have 36 months certified law enforcement experience with any city, county or state law enforcement agency to be considered a lateral move.
- All lateral entry police officers are subject to the same hiring process and must pass all steps of the hiring process as all other police officer applicants
- Out of state certified police officers must complete the Iowa Law Enforcement Academy
- Lateral move certified Iowa police officers may skip ILEA, however they must complete the field training.
- $55,987 - Certified police officers with less than 36 months of experience
- $58,786 - Certified police officers with more than 36 months of experience
- $61,724 - Certified police officers with more than 48 months of experience