It is the policy of the Ankeny Police Department to provide fingerprinting services to citizens. In order to provide such a service, this policy is hereby established for the purpose of the orderly and efficient use of staff time and resources.
Days and Times
- Tuesdays, Wednesday and Thursdays
Noon to 4:30 p.m. (with consideration for major recognized holidays)
- $15 for residents
- $20 for non-residents.
- Exact cash, checks or credit cards are accepted. (Visa, MasterCard and Discover)
- Fingerprinting service is based on the availability of staff.
- Appointments are required for groups of 6 or more.
- Must provide universally accepted photo ID (i.e.: state Driver's License, State I.D., Military service I.D.)
- Persons under age 18 shall be accompanied by an adult parent or guardian
- All civilian fingerprinting will be performed digitally on a Motorola Livescan Printrak. Ink is no longer routinely used by the Ankeny PD.
- Please do not fill in the fingerprint cards prior to your arrival. Fingerprints will be printed on Federal Applicant fingerprint card FD-258.
- If due to an inability to classify, there is no charge for a one-time reprinting.