All City of Ankeny buildings are closed to the public in response to the COVID-19 pandemic.

All residents, contractors and others are encouraged to do business with the City via phone, email or this website. Find contact information now.

These operational changes  are reflective of the suggested guidelines provided by the Centers for Disease Control and the Iowa Department of Public Health. The City is committed to protecting its employees and citizens during this pandemic. View additional information on the City of Ankeny response and updates at

    Street Signs and Signals

    Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

    Missing or Damaged Stop Signs

    Stop signs that are missing or damaged are considered urgent and require a quick resolution. If you see an existing stop sign that is missing or damaged, please call Polk County Dispatch at 515-286-3333

    Concerns Regarding Street Signs Other than a Stop Sign

    Concerns regarding other street signs can be reported through our Submit Service Request form.   

    Concerns Regarding Traffic Signals

    Occasionally electrical component failure, power fluctuations and damaged or burned-out bulbs will prevent a traffic signal from working properly. Typical issues include the red, yellow, or green lights are out or the traffic signals are flashing. Knowing all of the specific details such as the time of day, conditions, traffic, etc. helps us to determine and resolve the issue. Traffic Signal concerns can be reported through our Traffic Signal Reporting Form.


    The City leases a majority of the streetlights from MidAmerican Energy. If you have a streetlight that is not working in your neighborhood, please call MidAmerican Energy at 1-888-427-5632 or use the MidAmerican Energy Streetlight Repair Request online form.