Utility Billing

Press Enter to show all options, press Tab go to next option

We provide billing, payment processing, collection and customer service for the following:

To sign up for new service, stop service, or transfer service please contact our office at 515-963-3565.

All new water accounts are required to fill the corresponding application form and submit it to Utility Billing within seven days of starting service.

Payment Methods

  • Pay by Mail - Mail payments to City of Ankeny, 220 W. First St., Ankeny, Iowa 50023
  • Pay in Person - Public Services Building, 220 W. First St. Monday - Friday, 8 AM - 5 PM
  • After Hours Drop Box - Payments can be placed in the white drop box labeled Utility Billing located outside at the Public Services Building.
  • Pay Online - Payments by credit/debit cards or E-check can be made online through our website.
  • AutoPay - The City can debit your checking account, savings account, or credit card automatically every month. If you wish to be an autopay customer, you will need to sign an authorization form and submit to the City of Ankeny.
  • Call Us - The City accepts Visa, MasterCard, and Discover credit/debit card payments over the phone. Call 515-963-3565 during business hours.
  • Pay Stations - Ankeny Hy-Vee locations accept utility bill payments. Please allow 7-10 days for your payment to be received and posted. Pay station payments not received at the City of Ankeny office by the date specified on your statement may be assessed a delayed payment fee.

Customer Service

A Customer Service Representative can be reached by:

  • Phone - 515-963-3565 between the hours of 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday - Friday
  • E-mail - Please include your name, address, phone number, and detailed information regarding the reason you are contacting us.
  • Visit our office at: 220 W. First St., Ankeny, Iowa 50023 anytime between 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday - Friday

Please contact us for assistant with the following:

  • Questions on your water bill
  • Finalizing water service when moving out of your home or business
  • Setting up water service when moving into a new home or business
  • Arrange for "Snow Bird" status when gone for several months
  • Your meter is leaking or making excessive noise.
  • Possible water main break. Examples include excessive water running down the curb of a street, water bubbling up in the right-of-way between the curb and sidewalk, or water bubbling up through cracks in the street or sidewalk.
  • Accidental dig-in on water main or water service line
  • You observe a hydrant leaking, laying on its side, or other noticeable damage
  • You notice someone tampering with a hydrant
  • Sewage is backing-up into the lowest level of your home
  • You observe a manhole that has water coming out of it

After hours, weekends or holidays please contact Polk County Dispatch at 515-286-3333.

Free viewers are required for some of the attached documents.
They can be downloaded by clicking on the icons below.

Acrobat Reader Download Acrobat Reader Flash Player Download Flash Player Windows Media Player Download Windows Media Player Microsoft Silverlight Download Microsoft Silverlight Word Viewer Download Word Viewer Excel Viewer Download Excel Viewer PowerPoint Viewer Download PowerPoint Viewer