The Ankeny Police Department responded to and investigated 1,641 vehicle collisions in 2021. Most vehicle collisions are caused by:
- Distracted driving
- Running red lights
Duties & Responsibilities
The Ankeny Police Department Traffic Unit is responsible for:
- Traffic enforcement
- Special events coordination
- School bus violations
- Hit-and-run investigations
- Respond to traffic violation complaints
- Conduct traffic studies based on resident complaints
- Special traffic enforcement projects focusing on distracted driving, drunk driving speed enforcement, and seat belt enforcement
- Participate in Iowa Governor's Safety Bureau special enforcement projects
Currently the traffic unit consists of three officers with the goal to expand to four officers and a sergeant.
Contact the Ankeny Police Traffic Unit
Complete an online form to report a traffic violation or issue.
Thank you for helping us identify traffic violations in Ankeny!