Filing a Claim

Filing a Claim for Damages

If you are part of an incident for which you believe the City of Ankeny has caused a loss or damages to your person or personal property, you have the option of completing and filing a "Claim for Damages" with the City. The City of Ankeny will consider all claims submitted, but is under no obligation to pay any claim in which we are not found negligent.

Please note that the City does not provide legal advice; it is recommended that you seek legal advice from private counsel.

Fill out an online claim form

For more information or to request a paper claim form, contact Administrative Services Director Jennifer Sease at 515-965-6409 or email