- Our City
- About Us
- Library Policies
To provide fair and consistent service to the community, the following policies have been implemented at the library. These policies are governing principles formally adopted by the Library Board of Trustees and reviewed on a regular basis.
- How to obtain a library card and use your library card. Other information details loan periods, library notices, patron barcodes, and renewing and returning library materials.
Communication and Marketing Policy
- To effectively coordinate and promote library services, resources, programs, and technology to the community and beyond.
- Patron regulations for access to web-based resources / information.
- The Library's commitment to its users and its expectations of library users.
- The Library's commitment to protecting the privacy of patron records.
- Fines and fees for late items and replacement charges for lost / damaged items.
Formal Displays and Exhibits Policy
- How individuals or groups can request placing exhibits or displays in the library.
- Library partnership with Friends of the Ankeny Library
- Using the library's makerspace for library activities, programs, and meetings as well as how patrons can schedule times to use the equipment.
- Guides librarians in selecting materials and inform the public about the principles of guiding material selection decisions.
- Explanation of the use of meeting spaces for library-sponsored or co-sponsored programs, as well as possible availability for non-profit and for-profit organizations.
- Selecting and approving individuals or groups for library programs.
- Explanation of the process and procedure for the library to reconsider an item, display, or service of the library.
- Sex offender prohibitions and exceptions.
Statement of Concern of Library Materials
- A form that an individual can complete and forward to the library director for consideration.
- Concerns regarding the safety of children while in the library.
- Explanation of the process and procedure to become a library volunteer.