- 2020 National Electrical Code (NFPA 70), Municipal Code Chapter 179 - Ordinance 1929 (PDF)
- 2021 Ankeny Building and Energy Code, Municipal Code Chapter 175 (PDF)
- 2021 Ankeny Existing Building Code, Municipal Code Chapter 182 (PDF)
- 2021 Ankeny Fire Code, Municipal Code Chapter 180 (PDF)
- 2021 Ankeny Fuel Gas Code, Municipal Code Chapter 181 (PDF)
- 2021 Ankeny Mechanical Code, Municipal Code Chapter 176 (PDF)
- 2021 Ankeny Plumbing Code, Municipal Code Chapter 178 (PDF)
- 2021 Ankeny Property Maintenance Code, Municipal Code Chapter 177 (PDF)
- 2021 Ankeny Residential Code, Municipal Code Chapter 184 (PDF)
- 2021 Ankeny Swimming Pool and Spa Code, Municipal Code Chapter 183 (PDF)
There are several types of facilities, uses and building elements / equipment in Iowa that may fall within the multi-jurisdictional purview, meaning they are regulated by both the City of Ankeny and the State of Iowa. This can lead to a set of regulations being more restrictive than another. Please review the following list and contact the pertinent entities:
- State Fire Marshal's Office: Education facilities, Daycares (including adult), Assisted Living Facilities, Nursing Homes, Elder Group Homes, Residential Care Facilities, and intermediate care facilities for the intellectually disabled.
- Iowa Department of Public Health: Swimming Pools.
- Iowa Department of Human Services: Daycares.
- Department of Inspections and Appeals: Food Service Establishments / Health Inspection.
- Iowa Workforce Development: Elevators, Boilers, and Amusement Rides:
Contact: 515-281-5387 or 800-562-4692
- Wastewater Reclamation Authority: Grease Interceptors.
- Iowa Civil Rights Commission: Handicap Accessibility provisions for Multi-Family Residential:
- Polk County Planning and Development: Septic systems and private wells:
- Polk County Public Works: Air Quality / Environmental Air: