Start New Service For A Business
All new water accounts are required to complete the application below and submit it to Utility Billing prior to starting service. The City of Ankeny bills monthly for water, sewer and recycling. This form MUST be filled out and signed by the business owner. Applications filled out by anyone other than the business owner will be rejected.
To start service, you will need the following information:
- Driver’s license number or passport number as well as a picture or scan of your driver’s license or passport. You will need to upload that along with your application.
- The date you want service to start at your new address
- If you will be renting at your new address, you will need to provide your landlord’s name, phone number, and address
- This application will collect the information that is needed to set up your water account with the City of Ankeny. This information must be submitted at least one business day prior to service starting. Applications received after 4 p.m. will be processed the next business day and service will not start until the business day following the day that it is processed. The water service will remain in your name until you contact us to stop service by submitting a request online or contacting customer service at 515-963-3565. If you do not stop service, you will be responsible for billing at the service address until you submit a request.
- All rental accounts will be billed a $100 rental deposit on the first water bill. The deposit is refunded as a credit on the final water bill. If there is a balance remaining, we will transfer that balance to your new Ankeny water account, or we will send a refund check to a non-Ankeny address.
- A $25 after hour fee will be applied to any account needing water turned on or off after regular business hours which are Monday to Friday, 7:30 a.m. until 3:30 p.m..
- A $50 reconnect fee will be charged to all water accounts that are turned off for non-payment.