The Ankeny Police Department has established a community Ride-Along Program to enhance the relationship between the community and the Ankeny Police Department. This program is designed to be an educational opportunity for residents or business owners to view firsthand police practices, procedures, and activity within our community.
This program is open to:
- Ankeny residents and business owners
- An individual who is interested in becoming a police officer
- Students currently attending class at any institution of higher learning
- A media member
- Those employed with the City of Ankeny
- A spouse or relative of an Ankeny Police Officer
- An applicant for the position of police officer or community service officer with the City of Ankeny who is on our current certified list
- Communication employees employed by Polk County, including candidates for the position of communication employment with Polk County
- Law enforcement officers and visiting officials from other agencies or cities
Participants must pass a background check. Ride-along requests are granted at the discretion of the Ankeny Police Department.
The rides usually last 2 to 4 hours and many observers prefer the busiest times of the day, which are 2 p.m. and 10 p.m.
If you are interested in this program please complete the ride-along request form.